Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Are they done Yet???

The signing of Tex certainly may be it for big money contracts and the Yankees this off-season. This could be an open door for Phil Hughes to grab the number 5 spot in the rotation leaving Pettite out of the mix. The Yankees offered Andy a 10 million dollar deal a while back that he either refused or is sitting on. I suppose a deal could still get done but my feeling is that Hughes will be just as good, as number 5 starters go. Many believe that Signing Tex puts them out of the Manny hunt. I believe it makes it less likely but don't count the Yankees out of anything this off-season as we have already learned. The only thing I can predict with a marginal degree of certainly is that they are staying away from Ben Sheets. I think the Yankees should offer Manny two years for 45 million with incentives that could make it closer to 55 million and a mutual option for a third year. But then again who am I. Oh yeah I’m the guy that predicted that the Yanks would sweep in at the last minute and get Tex. :) 

  There is allot of speculation that someone will get traded now that Tex is signed but I think that that Swisher will be a great 4th outfielder and can work some games for Tex so that he can be rested as well. This is the line up that I predict for opening day:

Damon LF

Jeter SS

Tex 1B

Arod 3B

Matsui DH

Posada C

Cano 2B

Nady RF

Gardner CF

Off the bench 

Swisher  

Ransom 

Molina and Cabrera 

Starting Rotation


CC

Burnett

Wang

Chamberlain

Hughes

Bullpen

Rivera

Marte

Bruney

Veras

Ramirez

Coke

Aceves


No comments: